by KRISTIN MORENCY GOLDMAN, Senior Advisor, Strategic Communications, The Toy Affiliation
The TOTY Awards brings the trade collectively this fall with prime toys, new classes, and philanthropy at its core.
The trade’s largest celebration of toys and innovators — and The Toy Basis’s largest annual fundraiser for youngsters in want — shall be held Friday, Sept. 29 at Cipriani forty second Road in New York Metropolis.
As is custom, the ceremony shall be held on the eve of Toy Fair (Sept. 30-Oct. 3) and function the official kickoff to what has grow to be often known as “Toy Honest Week.”
The twenty fourth version of the TOTY Awards will unveil the toy, sport, and property winners throughout 17 classes of play, from outside and preschool toys to motion figures, dolls, plush, and extra. The occasion’s fall timing will give product finalists and winners a promotional increase, driving shopper engagement and media publicity firstly of the important vacation procuring season due to an influencer program, TOTY winner and finalist seals for advertising supplies, distinguished placement for visibility in entrance of 1000’s of attendees at Toy Honest, and extra.
Along with the toys, the night may even honor the lifetime achievements of the most recent inductees into the Toy Trade Corridor of Fame. And, new for this 12 months, the people and companies that make the toy trade distinctive shall be honored in 4 people-focused and two campaign-focused classes:
- Champion of Sustainability: recognizing a person who has made excellent environmentally pleasant packages and contributions to create a greater future for the toy trade
- Champion of Range & Inclusion: recognizing a person who has proven a robust dedication to making a extra inclusive and equitable trade
- Packaging Designer of the Yr: recognizing a person who has demonstrated distinctive creativity in designing toy packaging
- PR/Marketer of the Yr: recognizing a person who has achieved excellent leads to selling toys
- Advertising and marketing Marketing campaign of the Yr: recognizing the very best advertising marketing campaign that captured the eye of its target market and drove gross sales
- Company Social Accountability Initiative of the Yr: recognizing a program that demonstrates a dedication to company social duty, both by means of charitable causes; environmental sustainability; or fostering variety, fairness, and inclusion throughout the toy trade
Toy Association members will vote for the people-focused class winners, whereas a panel of specialists, professionals, and creatives within the promoting, advertising, schooling, public relations, and tech fields will resolve the winners within the campaign-focused classes.
Blended in with the thrill of gathering for the anticipated awards, networking with outdated and new associates, honoring the unbelievable winners, and celebrating the creativity and success of the toy group, the occasion may even have fun the toy trade’s collective philanthropy.
“TOTY is the premier evening for the toy group,” says Pamela Mastrota, Government Director of The Toy Basis. “We stay up for the trade becoming a member of us for an unforgettable night that can have fun the 12 months’s successes throughout toy innovation and philanthropy. The Toy Basis is your Basis, and our success is just doable with the collective trade’s assist. Each award nomination and ticket buy mechanically helps our success in making a world the place each youngster experiences play and we’re grateful on your participation. See you on Sept. 29!”
A model of this text was initially revealed within the 2023 Licensing & Leisure Concern of The Toy E-book. Click here to learn the total concern! Need to obtain The Toy E-book in print? Click here for subscription choices!